Enjoy a night at home for your family viewing parties with our easy Onward snacks and treats! Perfect for Onward Birthday Parties.
In the spirit of Ian and Barley I put together some easy Onward DIY snacks and treats with easy ingredients you can order for pick up/delivery at Target, Walmart or online retailers. We kept the cost low by using up ingredients we had already. We didn’t make many of each, just enough for a treat during the movie. Target had some circle offers for a couple of the ingredients.
Let me start by saying this… I AM NOT A PRO! If staying home with literally nothing to do has taught me anything it wasn’t the lack of free time that was stopping me from cooking and having a clean house. I wanted to make a couple fun Onward themed treats to bring some extra excitement to our at home viewing, feedback from the audience was mission accomplished!
These were quick and easy to make! I used cotton candy for the inside as a rare treat we never get but you could use ice cream or cupcakes! Before you start any of these laying down some parchment paper or a cookie sheet for them to dry on is helpful!
- Waffle Cones
- Melting White Chocolate
- Cotton Candy or other filling
Complete with some magic sugar sparkle sprinkles these magic staffs were a big hit!
- Big Marshmellows
- Orange Candy Melts
- Pretzel Rods
- Yellow/Orange sugar sprinkles
These came together courtesy of our friends over at Dippin Dots, delivered straight to our door. We used this recipe when we celebrated the release of Frozen 2 and the kids love them!
- 1 Cup Vanilla Dippin’ Dots
- 2 Cups Chocolate Dippin’ Dots
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Packet Instant Hot Chocolate mix
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Using 1⁄2 cup milk, prepare hot chocolate according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add Dippin’ Dots and remaining 1⁄2 cup milk to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add prepared hot chocolate to blender, and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of a tall glass.
- Pour frozen hot chocolate into a tall glass.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.